View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 03:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Went to see another Doc for intestinal probs...

And he put me through a round of new tests... Checking me for Celiacs disease and ran another round of tests for diabetes and thyroid... He had me give four "stool samples" for different tests and ran at least six blood tests!

This is a good thing! I've had the Neurologist pretty much throw his hands up and say, You have PN, here is some medicine, now go home and deal with it.

But a few days ago, when I lost control of my bowels (again) and I feel like I can't leave my home without wearing protective pads, I finally made an appt. with an internist. He was very concerned and had me do a whole battery of tests. What a good doc he is! I feel like someone is listening this time!

Then this morning they sent me to a Psychiatrist, they want me to combine stress management with my Neuropathy because the stress of my life is a big big factor in my illness.

Oh, sideline on the boyfriend... HE is still hanging in there, still adorable, and putting up with all my "embarassing moments" while I try to figure out what's going on here! Luckily my most embarassing moment was after he had already gone home that night!

I'll update you when the test results come back.
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote