View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hello Hana!

Welcome to the group!

You'll be pleasantly surprised at the amount of genuine care there is here.
I am so very sorry that you too are a victim of this most frustrating condition in the world (imho) Living with RSD is a 'silent' pain and most people do not understand nor comprehend it. There is only ONE other type of pain that is so hard to face and that is the pain of rejection, especially family and friends. I'm so sorry that your family isn't supportive. It comes off as either a) they don't seem to care or b) they don't believe we are in the amount of pain we so desperately try to explain. But in reality, it's like you say - that they don't want to see us in this 'unexplainable' pain and they don't know what to say or do.

You have obviously done your research on these units. Good for you. As you read thru others' testimonies, you'll find quite an array of experiences. The positive ones are so good to read about, yet it's also good of those who have come on here to share their frustrating stories and bad experiences. This gives you a realistic idea of how things can go. It leaves you with good questions to ask your doctor.
Like Pam said, it's ok to be frightened about the procedure, but also leave room to be able to dwell on what the SCS/PP can possibly do for your quality of life.
Every single person has different experiences, yet we all share a common bond. We all experience the same emotions.
We are all here for one another and so glad you came upon this forum!

Caring,
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (02-18-2014), ger715 (02-10-2014), Hana (02-05-2014), Hannabananna (02-05-2014), Mark56 (02-09-2014), St George 2013 (02-21-2014)