View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 02:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I got a copy of the MRI report. They are comparing it to the CT scan I had 6 months after my injury. Its quite a long report, but the "important" paragraph was pointed out by my family doc, but seems rather vague and non committal.

"There is a single focus of blooming artifact in the mesial aspect of the left temporal lobe, at the level of the amygdala, not seen in the rest of the sequences. Given the patient's clinical history, this could represent a sequela of remote trauma / microbleed."

They also noted a "Single nonspecific focus of T2 hyper signal in the subcortical white matter of the left frontal lobe." But my family doctor said that's nothing to be concerned about, that every MRI shows that.

Embarrassingly enough, it also showed "a mild mucosal thickening of the left maxillary sinus, left sphenoid sinus ..etc".... I was just getting over a cold and had a snotty nose! Thanks for being so thorough!

Coincidentally, I just got called to brain injury clinic for tomorrow morning (thanks for the short notice!) so I'll see my physiatrist then.

While the MRI results might be slightly alarming to me and maybe interesting even... they don't answer the question of why my headaches have worsened since October and refuse to break and calm back down to a 5 or 6 instead of insisting at sitting at 8 or 9. I'm not even asking for *pain free* here.

And while its good there's not something extra terrible going on in my head, I just want a break from the head pain!

Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote