View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Nick,

Yes, your description makes sense to me as I have seen cases like yours many, many times. The angle of the dental x-rays determine what the eye can visibly see but it may or may not be an adequate "snapshot" of the degree of the problem. So it is wise to take dental x-rays of the same area at different angles. A multi sliced dental ct scan can also be helpful in diagnosing the exact location and severity of the nerves that are affected and the depth of the bone can also be measured via that scan as well.

Also, the bone still located above the branch of nerves my be very thin, damaged or diseased. Has anyone talked to you about that?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonsyard View Post
Hi Bryanna

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don,t have the x rays as was NHS and too long ago ,but I do remember what it looked like after the operation . The mandibular canal came down the Jaw OK but at the site of the operation dipped down a bit , like a small step with the nerve following the same course and continued on as normal. So the damage was like a small kink in the nerves progress through the canal which to me looked like a small fracture or break. There is bone above although a slightly different lighter colour to the exsisting bone.

Hope this makes some sense to you

Regards

Nick
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote