Thread: What else
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

What's your gut feeling about why he's be having these meltdowns in class? I'm wondering what sort of modifications have been put in place for your son in the mainstream classroom that he is in now. There are so many tiny things that can be done to help a child in a mainstream classroom but I don't know if your school has put any of those in place.

Does he have an IEP already?

What needs are the school addressing right now that they don't think they can continue?

Do you think that maybe a smaller class and more one on one support might be what he needs at this particular moment in time?

Katy, I have absolutely no idea how your education system works in the UK, but I would imagine it would be pretty similar to how it works in the US or other places regarding a child who needs specific modifications in the classroom. It's actually not that hard for a school/teacher who is clued in to address certain needs he might have. Nothing is static. Your son isn't necessarily going to need the same support in a year as he needs now.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote