View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 10:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just for the record.....
Quote:
I do not think the "book" is customized. Maybe your state has produced one or supplemental information but the "book" is available online at Medicare.gov and therefore, the same for all states.
The online book & also the PDF version of Medicare & You 2014 has all the basic information you need. However, the one Medicare recipients get through the mail is personalized for each state, not person. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
The book has all the insurance companies that are allowed to sell "health" coverage in the state of your domicile. Every "health" carrier in the USofA does not afford coverage in every state. The Medicare Book is directly from the MEDICARE, not the "state."

Quote:
Secondly, I do not think Medicare is a part of the PPACA.
Last summer, I received a letter from SSDI reminding me that since I am on Medicare, I do not need to sign up for "The Affordable Care" a/k/a PPACA. This is what my letter said in part more or less:
"Medicare is health insurance, so beneficiaries do not need to buy anything during the ACA enrollment period that starts on Oct. 1, when the state-run health insurance marketplaces open for business. Seniors on Medicare can change their plans and prescription drug coverage during the Medicare open enrollment period, which is Oct. 15 through Dec. 7. Medicare beneficiaries who are satisfied with their current plans don't have to do anything."
There is also info about this on the Medicare website:

===============

No offense taken. I usually post links to confirm my statements if necessary. Didn't have time when I originally posted.
I am assuming you are not on Medicare? Asking because I receive my Medicare & You book directly from Medicare every Fall. Takes me a full 6 months to read all that stuff about the health ins companies in my state.

HTH