View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewolman View Post
Any suggestions on what I should discuss with my doc next week about the increase in pain?
How to talk to your doctor about chronic pain

Quote:
Should I go back on a constant pain killer? When I was, I felt great. Should I have Norco all the time with Perc. when needed?
Those are the kinds of questions that may/should come up in the conversation with your doctor. No-one can feel your pain or how it affects you, one person's "7" can be another person's "3", and all that.... Is the pain constant 24/7, necessitating constant medication? The big potential downside with opioids (IMO) is, of course, ever-increasing tolerance.

I agree with identifying & avoiding/eliminating triggers, and adopting anti-inflammatory lifestyle changes as much as possible.

Chronic pain can be cyclical. The fact that you've gone through a period of reduced pain is encouraging if you can figure out why and make use of that.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (02-08-2014)