View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 05:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Botox Injections

I just came back from an appointment with the neurologist. He suggested the Botox injections. They are done every 3 months and suggested 2 sessions before you could tell if there is any improvement.

The cost is $800 for the botox and $175 for the injections. He said some insurance will not cover the injection price.

He had discuss Topomax for headaches but apparently they can cause kidney stones and I have a history of kidneystones.

I have to keep a headache log for a couple of months to get a baseline prior to treatment and he wants me to be finished with other treatments before starting this.

I still have a few more weeks of cranial sacral therapy at the osteopathy.

Starr, I am sorry that you are so discourage, I know how frustrating it is to keep looking for answers and not finding them.

Frankly the botox thing kind of scares me. After all botox is a poison.

Best wishes.

Norma
MVA March 2012 pcs, post traumatic vision syndrome, convergence insufficiencies, vision mid line shift syndrome, gaze stabilization and vision tracking. Fatigue, headaches and sore eyes are main issues.

Current activities: chiro, massage, prism glasses, vision therapy, yoga, meditation, aquafit classes and rest.....
NormaW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote