View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 04:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Other sites are active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelma View Post
Just look at all of the people who are stopping by here and yet no one is posting. Why is that as it sure beats me.

No one is posting on many of the other sites as well. Very few posts anywhere. So many people needing help and not asking for it is as bad as no one responding.

We need a good site and not to make use of this one is beyond me.
Actually some other sites are quite active. Sadly this site, and its predecessor site Braintalk died, despite the more than heroic efforts of Bobby, for a variety of reasons. Stictly speaking this site didn't die because it never lived. It was a noble attempt to fill a gap when Braintalk went offline. Unfortunately it never reached that threshold of activity required for a site to prosper. Braintalk was nearly moribund when it went offline mostly due to overzealous moderators. It's being offline for such an extremely long time coupled with it never restoring the archives was the kiss of death for it. The most similar site to this one, in terms of focus, is the Canadian site "ALS Forums" *** I had a quick count of posts made today on two of its busier forums and came up with 45. Another active site that focuses on research is the ALS Therapy Development Foundation, **** So don't despair just move on. Sad but true.

Last edited by Chemar; 05-30-2007 at 09:58 AM. Reason: administrative edit re guidelines on linking
John is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote