View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 01:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi agape,

Thank you for your kind words and glad that you find the information here helpful. I am in the dental field for 30+ years..... so yes, I am knowledgeable about this topic.

There is no access to the tiny canals within a tooth... they cannot be reached... and are not even visible to the eye. They will continue to harbor necrotic nerve tissue irrelevant of what procedure is done and irrelevant of what medicament is used to inject into the area.... including ozone.

Ozone has some therapeutic uses in dentistry and in medicine as it encourages the immune system to send healing cells to an injured or traumatized area of the body. However, it has no positive effect on the tooth itself and therefore cannot alter the necrosis occurring inside of the tooth. Because the bacteria is inflaming the tooth and the area surrounding the tooth, the affects of the ozone can actually create more inflammation/pressure to build up in the area that it is injected into. Ozone injections are risky and cannot provide long term relief from a problem that will continue to progress due to the nature of the problem.

Regarding your dental implant.... are you thinking of having that removed?

Bryanna

Thank you Bryanna for the info above.

At this time I am considering removal of the dental titanium implant. I had it placed approx. 5 years ago due to an injury sustained playing sports. I had no idea at that time any possible ramifications. I have several projects I am working on at this time and all of this is still very new to me in regards to dental issues. I am thankful to at least be aware of this info at this time.

A concern for me is that because I have had a RC that the implant could potentially be more prone to infection/bacteria. The teeth are beside one another. These are front teeth so removing them is a little more of a concern.

I have read up that ceramic implants are a possibility and that they are potentially less toxic to the immune system. I will certainly be considering removal of the impant and RC within the next 6 months. Financially at this time I cannot afford it. I presume this will also be a painful procedure and will want to seek out a qualified physician.

My hope was since the RC was recently treated and the permanent crown has not been placed that I would potentially be able to "buy time" by having the RC retreated with Ozone while performing the RC. I have read the Ozone injections are dangerous from the various posts of members on this forum. The Ozone therapy completed during a RC sounded to be more safe and was hoping more effective at treating the bacteria. As studies have indicated, the best I can hope for if the RC was retreated with Ozone would be about a year before bacteria would set it once again.

I also have a loved one who has been diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer. The first surgery was not successful, therefore a second surgery was done to remove lymphnodes. Unfortunately there is Cancer that still remains and has not spread or grown larger. Since reviewing miscellaneous data on this subject of RC's I asked if they had ever had a RC and the answer was yes on a back molar that is not visible.

I realize that RC's detrimental effects are most commonly on the immune system. If this person were to have the RC removed would they be in danger of potentially making matters worse if the removal of the RC was done by a highly trained physician. I have read various reports that a RC that has been present for over ten years is a weaker tooth and therefore can break into several pieces during removal. If anything were to be left behind the infection could still be present. Would it be dangerous for the RC to be removed for this individual or would it be best to leave be.

I want to thank you kindly in advance for any information you would have a moment to share.

Best Wishes
agape is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (02-06-2014)