View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 03:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks Gerry :)

[QUOTE=ger715;1049167]How thoughtful and caring. It is a heartbreaking decision not talken lightly. My mother, some years ago, blamed me because I encouraged her to sell her home. She was in her 80's as well.

The Village had sited her home for repairs needed. I was there when the two inspectors came to talk with her. While there, they found even more violations; I had tried to encourage her for quite some time to sell the house.
One of the men from the village offered to buy her home after she said something like "If someone would buy this house for at least $$$$, I would sell it . I encouraged her to accept the offer. She did.

Your mother will eventually come around. Just knowing you are nearby will become very important to her.

(p.s. Debi...sorry for spelling your name incorrectly at the top.)

Yep.....mom's electrical is out of code and needs to be redone....her 2nd bathroom floor was rotting and could not be used as a bathroom for many years and so on.

But...the good news is that my daughter and son in law, who currently live 40 minutes away in good ole Alabama, will be moving into her house and redoing it. I'm so excited on many levels....both my kids will be close, mom's house will look beautiful again and she'll enjoy seeing the renovations as they take place....I hope she will anyway

Once code violations are corrected and some painting done my daughter will be able to purchase the home at the price we just got from a .....dang it....whatever you call those people that look at houses for banks....my stupid brain isn't working right now.

No worries about the name.....real name is Debra......used Debbie until a young teenager when one of my older brothers friends spelled it Debi and I of course liked that better because he was soooo cute !

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (02-13-2014), ger715 (02-06-2014), Hana (02-12-2014)