View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 07:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Smoothie Recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-eyes View Post
I make the juices and smoothies and use within 20 minutes. Honestly, it takes maybe 15 minutes total time, including cleaning the juicer. I would not want to drink anything that had been sitting around more than 12 hours, honestly.
I cannot argue any of the above points. I decided to make a batch of smoothies each day. I will have one portion when made, and the remaining two portions later that night. I can store them in stainless steel Thermos bottles. It worked really well last night. I had the last portion around 10 hours after it was made.

Smoothie Recipe
  • White Grape Juice
  • 2 Cups Apricot Nectar
  • 1/2 Cup of the Ultimate Meal
  • 1 Cup Unsalted Raw Almonds
  • 1 Banana
  • 1 Loosely Packed Cup of Kale, Cabbage, Spinach, and Broccoli Each. (4 cups total)
  • 1 Cup White Grapes
  • 1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
  • Splash of Lemon Juice
  • Splash of Lime Juice
  • 1 inch Cube of Ginger Root
  • 1200 mg Calcium
  • 8000 IU Vitamin D3

First soak the almonds in the apricot nectar over night right in the Vitamix container. To save time, the fruits and vegetables can be clean and prepared the night before, storing them in the refrigerator.

Then blend the almonds, apricot nectar, vitamin D3, calcium, and the ginger root until liquefied. Add the other ingredients and fill with white grape juice and blend.

It tasted great. The grapes and grape juice added enough sweetness.

-Mark-

Last edited by Panorama; 02-07-2014 at 03:14 AM.
Panorama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote