View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default You know we love you, Billye--

--and the outpouring for the laptop came from that.

Also (from my point of view)--our own benign selfishness: how could we keep in touch with you if you didn't have proper computer access? Therefore, you must have it!

Those of us who have the ability to, donate, and there is no judgment against anybody who cannot, precisely for the reasons you mention.

Now, if you want to be really amused, check out all the debate regarding what KIND of laptop to get you and what SOFTWARE should be bundled in it. There's been more cacaphonous disagreement, both on the boards and in some private messages, on this topic than there's been on a lot more controversial neurological ones. The actual need to GET one for you was never in dispute. But what kind, with what in it, what warranty . . .contentiousness like Congress debating the immigration bill. (Do you have any preferences in this regard? I'm not assuming anyone has actually asked you this yet! It would not be too forward to tell Liza Jane or Kmeb, I believe. )

We all go through good times and not-so-good times. Because of our shared miseries, and our shared stories (which include many a frustrating bout with the medical establishment), we are as much family as anyone else--up to and including the fact that we don't always agree on everything. But proper families help their members if and when they can, and that's all that is happening here.

(I'm sure that if I eventually have to go to the hosptial to get nerve freeing surgery for this cervical radiculopathy, I will get much support from my on-line family--including muffins from Melody and Dove Bars from Liza Jane. Though, I would like it to be officially noted that I have a prediliction for Breyers Cherry Vanilla.)
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote