View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 02:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Norma, to the price of the botox! Knowing that, botox will not likely be a viable option for me. Not unless our private insurance is going to cover a good chunk of it.

Mokey, we tried the lidocaine with steroid injections for occipital neuralgia over a year ago and unfortunately I did not get any relief from the injections at all. I'm glad it worked for you... I hope it continues to help you!

I tried a few sessions of acupuncture, but the woman that did it was such a spaz I had to stop going. She'd do things like bump the table I was laying on and startle me, or walk past me and knock the needles out of my hand. It was nuts.

I wouldn't be opposed to trying again, but I'm just so tired, I don't know how I'm supposed to find good practitioners and avoid all the bad ones. I just don't have the energy to do it. We don't know many people here to ask for recommendations and just go and try out people stuff is so exhausting.

After 2 years, its hard to look back and realize you're still in the same place as you were right after your injury with no progress. I'm still just as tired, my head pain is just as bad, I'm still walking with a cane and having regular falls due to balance issues and I still have no ability to remember a darned thing!

Guess this is where I'm supposed to be practicing acceptance of the "new me"... but that's a pretty bitter pill.

It would be a bit easier to believe in recovery if there was any evidence of any in the last two years, but even on the MRI report my doctor wrote in the "Clinical History" part: "Post Concussion syndrome. Recently headaches are increasing. Declining function and balance."

Not easy words to read.

Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote