View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 08:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

PamelaJune,

I didn't know where you were from when I noticed your comment that you wouldn't qualify for disability because of your husband's income. Erroneously assuming that you were from the USA, I thought you were confusing our SSI (household income and assets would matter) with SSDI (based on the disabled person's work history). Sorry to hear that Aussies don't have anything like our SSDI. That's a bummer.

If I were still physically healthy and won the lottery, I think I might have quit my job with glee Having it taken away by CRPS is not the same. Even with SSDI, the money is less than half of what I was making. Mostly, it's the loss of the sense of purpose and socialization that has affected me most. It's difficult to deal with, especially in the beginning.

Chaos,

I'm sorry that you are feeling this pressure from work while you are struggling to just get through each day because of CRPS. Worrying about the loss of salary or benefits is reasonable, but you've got to listen to your body and try not to take on more than you can handle.

You will want to pay special attention to some benefits, like if you will still have (or do now) STD and LTD through work. You'll also want to educate yourself about SSDI benefits, that you may eventually need to access.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (02-06-2014)