View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 09:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Canadoc,

Welcome to the thread. I am an Information Technology student who has fought with the woes of PCS. I still have some residue symptoms, but I am pretty much recovered.

My injury left me with Occipital Neuralgia and amplified mental disorders. I have had Anxiety, and ADHD which was amplified after my knock to the head, and ever since was forced to stay on my meds by my medical team.

Having anxiety and my brain not filtering properly were my two biggest woes in the beginning, along with my nerves going nuts after a smack to the back of the head injury. Dizziness stayed for months, until March 2013. 98% recovered in April 2013.

I couldn't even dream of lifting anything, even now to be honest. I am pretty much afraid of straining my neck since the accident.

Its been a while since my recovery and I still follow my Vitamin Regimen from Mark since December 2012. It does help. When I don't take them, I notice a huge difference in my mood and energy. I feel fatigued without it, and my focus especially from my ADHD goes down the drain. It would end up with me taking three naps a day, not even kidding.

I actually recommend you go to the stickie at the top for Mark's Vitamin Thread, I used it in the past, and have modified/added some of my own vitamins to this regimen. I use a Stress-B complex, instead of a regular B-50. And a Magnesium Malate, instead of regular magnesium due to its nerve healing properties. Potassium Citrate for my tension headaches.

You are getting better, no doubt about it from the sound of your post, but take it easy with the lifting. I would ask for help until you think you are ready to lift.

Best Wishes,

Consider

Symptoms: Occipital Neuralgia.
2 MRI's and CT normal.

Currently going through Paxil withdrawals, and psych has me on L-Theanine, Benadryl for zaps, and Lemon Balm. It has eased it by a bit, so I am continuing the treatment till 1 month from now.

Made a 98% recovery on April 8, 2013 with only symptoms of pinched nerves/Occipital Neuralgia in the head and is being treated with injections and physical therapy.

Was experiencing:
Migraines, Headaches, Nausea and Vomiting, Panic Attacks and Anxiety, Depression, Major Insomnia, Brain Fog, Tinnitus, Lethargy, Loss of appetite, Major Heart Palpitations, Occipital Neuralgia has eased a bit.

Vitamins and Medicines: , L-Theanine, Omega 3 Super DHA 900mg, Stress B-Complex Extra Strength, Potassium Gluconate 1000mg, Magnesium Malate 1250mg, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Methylcobalamin B-12 5000 mcg, Vitamin C 500mg, Lemon Balm.

Things that helped me: My Vitamin Regimen, Medication, Earplugs (Love these!), Nature Sounds, Hydrotherapy, Neck Pillow with Heat, Heating Pads, Resting, Being Outside!
Consider is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote