View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 12:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Consider,
Thanks for the response. I do holistic self care, eat nothing but clean & holistic medication. I am at the point of accepting that there is going to be no fit for life with this TBI and medications. It seems to be I either get new diagnosis come or have to switch out meds constantly yearly!

It is kind of funny you brought up ADHD because, prior I was wasting away 3 weeks until I got in to psych ward. It was a complete spaghetti brain like Mark said. The hyper part was shocking to me! I was like a ping pong ball! lol they had to get me out of there because I was probably triggering the bipolar and very depressed that they catered to. The very depressed would lay all day and I was just wanting to lay down(not like me to be that hyper)

Now I am back home to my normal chill out environment lol and wore myself out in that place. I totally reversed when I got out of my comfort zone and being confined in there. To get no answers was the irritating part!

They also told me the Topamax was a mood stabilizer.....after how they seen me they felt that was the least they could do is stabilize my moods. lol All I can do is laugh at myself right now because this is kind of comical to me. I look at it that way rather than stressing over something I have no control over.

I must say they sure did see me on one of my PCS Finest moments! I had myself ping pong balled out!Take care
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consider View Post
Hey Mita,

Sorry to hear of your struggles. It hurts to find that when we take 1 step forward, we end up two steps back.

However, this isn't the end. Topamax is good for migraines, well preventing them. There is also self-care. It isn't the end all to end all.

I was recently put on Strattera to add an NRI to my SSRI medicine Paxil to deal with my neuralgia and ADHD issues. And also, my psych doesn't want me to go through Paxil horror stories, not yet.

With my new medicine, I feel as if I went three steps back because the start up is that horrid. I hate feeling nauseous.

Good news is, I feel a bit calmer and clear headed than I used to be. I've added Magnesium Malate and Potassium Citrate to my bedtime routine and so far it has worked well.

Magnesium is also a migraine preventive, but for me the Potassium has made all the difference. I went a week without it and I was back to the tension headaches. Not fun.

Please feel better soon. I really feel for you. Take care of yourself, remember it is you who comes first.

Elisa (Consider)

Symptoms: Physical: I am always cold in any season!!I cannot tolerate anything pressure on my head(sun glasses,hats)longer then a hour,Lock jaw/Displaced TMJ, Dropsey, Hands go numb, Arms go numb, back of head numb (when asleep),Muscle spasms in face & upper body,migraines, concentration headaches, dizziness, nausea, neck and back trauma (from accident), tinnitus, extreme light sensitivity, noise sensitivity, EXTREME fatigue, impaired vestibular system, balance off, Pupils NEVER equal, disrupted sleep cycles,speech problems.

Cognitive: Cognitive Behavior, Brain fog, impulsivity, speech problems, word finding problems, slowed processing speeds, impaired visual memory, impaired complex attention

Emotional: Unable to handle stress or overstimulation without getting extremely irritable or angry, easily overstimulated, MAJOR depression, major anxiety, Panic attacks

Treatment so far: Treatment for PCS,PTSD,Depression & panic,Vestibular therapy, Physical therapy, Vitamin Schedule,Walking,No Dairy, No eggs, No caffeine, No artificial coloring, Sleep with 2 pillows, Very little sugars consumed, Eat healthy,No alcohol, Medications, limit stress and overstimulation.

~*~Learn to treasure yourself and your Divinity. Be willing to accept yourself completely. Be yourself, be graceful, be kind, be wild, be weird ... be true to yourself~*~
MiaVita2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote