Thread: Dystonia.
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 01:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMountain View Post
Hi Grace~ This is my first time looking at this website, and yours was the first comment. Can I ask what types of symptoms you are having? I first had symptoms of cervical dystonia in Jan. of 2013, and was diagnoseed in April 2013. I have a variety of uncontrollable movements in my neck-- it never stops moving, except when I'm asleep. It moves in a couple different directions, sometimes slight, sometimes forceful pullings, sometimes a quivering sensation in at the base of my skull. All movements are very strong, and I can feel my muscles tightening. I too am having trouble adjusting, as I'm always extremely uncomfortable and self-conscious. I'm interested in finding the root cause of this terrible condition. Has anything helped you? Good luck.
I was diagnosed in about 2012 but had symptoms back until 2007, became triggered by accident and made worse from surgery. I am having a rough time right now with my body...in it twitching pulling and pain. Tomorrow I will ask the do to have an mri of my neck which hasn't been done in years. I am so worried about the combination- the spinal cord injury, and the muscle disorder. I do feel surgery/ perhaps anesthesia and certain people become worse from it. I have had bad reactions to it before. I forever feel weak and tired. Emotionally tired as well. I don't trust myself in ways I did before, it has taken my confidence.... I am bothered by population general attitude towards dystonia, there is a lack of knowledge out there.
2bluetoday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote