Thread: Dystonia?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 02:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

A movement neurologist, that specializes in dystonia and such conditions like ms and parkinsons, is the best approach. I will tell you my journey wasn't an easy diagnosis. My disease also progressed very rapidly, and is clearly in a generalized form, which means basically everywhere, with the neck , shoulders the worst. I also had an injury trigger it... and I went from family doc to neurosurgeon ( cause of a wrecked neck) X2 opinions got fused. Woke up paralyzed, never so scared in my life. I sometimes wonder if that was a reaction to the anethesia and my dystonia. My Neurosurgeon was clueless, and put a lot of self blame on me "why can't you move" , I couldn't even pee at that time, no sensation. Same doc said I would be walking up and moving able to drive myself home.... well no, and I stayed a week, and should have followed up in a rehab facility. Coming home was the hardest thing I have ever did. Back to the dystonia, after my surgery I had increased shaking, lack of movement, and strength, and extreme pain. I went from a rehab doc (also a good recommendation for anyone seriously hurt) called a physiatrist. He was a life saver. Got me to see a neurologist in his office they remained very quiet on what they thought it was until after I was seen by the neurologist. There was some question of Lupus and Ms but got ruled out. Lupus with positive ana reading and Ms with white spot on the brain. I am frustrated on the lack of knowledge of people, I will say it was identified here as permanent disability, as I was clearly unfit to return to work. That in its own self was a big blow.
2bluetoday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote