View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 04:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Peony,

I have gone through that website at length, listened to the podcasts etc. I would trust lynch, based on listening to him talk. There are some good youtubes too, tricky to find. It's a new area and he has to work outside of the standard health insurance model in order to do innovative Bioindividualised medicine. Insurance just hasn't caught up. Third party payers are focused on standard protocols based on pharma interventions. Himself and his family are all mthfr positive and he has devised a minimal nutraceutical protocol for the more common mutation.

From my enquiries, any doc who understands b12 will not allow their own serum level to drop below 1,000. And 400mcg methylfolate is the maintenance dose lynch recommends. He is not in favour of mega doses that can drive over methylation and aggression which are prescribed by standard md's. Above all, he advises taking account of interaction between the various snps. Lynch has chosen to become an educationalist and develop a range of products rather than get into academic peer reviewed publication. There isnt the funding to investigate nutraceuticals in the same manner as drugs. The info he provides on his products is more informative than usual regarding bioavailability. There is a world of difference, for eg, between liposomal vit c and what's on sale at the grocery store or drug store.

You might find it helpful to listen to the radio podcasts on www.drjessarmine.com of the centre for Bioindividualised medicine.
Muireann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote