View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 10:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
On thing I have noticed that is unique about all these postings is that symptoms do not always improve. They can go stale or flatline (including myself) and it can get discouraging. But, it ALSO appears to me that most here are in pretty good spirits about it!
Go stale, flatline, or as in my case, go two steps forward one step back for a while.

Overall, I am still improving, but sometimes I seem to relapse (on the pain that is, not on the booze). It's not always clear what causes it, but overall I haven't been in great pain lately. A "nagging pain" is the worst that seems to happen these days, mostly at the top of the ball of my foot. A bit like having stepped on a lego a minute ago.

The stabbing pains which went as high as my ankles are totally gone. Thing of the past. Poof!

And, get this: there are days, or parts of days that I don't feel ANY DISCOMFORT AT ALL (sorry for shouting...). And even if I'm in a "one step back" period, it's manageable. I'm OK with it. It is what it is.

So there's that. And then, even though I'm not having the greatest time of my life right now, I can't help thinking almost constantly how happy I am that I'm sober these days. It helps, even when things are a bit lower. Right now, being sober just feels awesome. Day 604 FWIW.

Good luck with the running, I expect a YT vid.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-07-2014), mrsD (02-07-2014), newstown (02-22-2014)