Thread: Eye Sensitivity
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 06:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post Ihave visions troubles while on Neurontin

Hi,
I had problems with my vision while taking Neurontin. I have some not so great eyes at it is, but while I was taking that med, I noticed that my vision was MUCH worse than usual. More blurry....everything foggy.....just, crappy in general. I had just had my glasses prescription updated before starting the med, and I knew that it couldn't be that my eyes had gotten THAT bad THAT quickly!

I didn't want to go back to the eye doc, just to have him tell me it was the med that was messing with my eyes. Or, to have him make up some new prescription that I didn't really need (I have been through the ringer with eye docs throughout my life...LONG story. Won't get into it).

The problems went away after I weaned myself off of the med. This was about 3 years after I started on it. I am not in any way saying FOR SURE that Neurontin is what is causing your problems, as I did not go and have my eyes looked at, and so don't know if I had the same things going on that you do. Nor am I saying that you should wean yourself off of any med at any time. You just might talk to your doc about the possibility of this being as least part of your problem....and go from there. For me, I wasn't getting enough (LOL...translate that to ANY) relief from the med to justify my taking it and putting up with all of the side effects that it was causing me (More than just the vision problems in my case). But, this is something that we all have to decide for ourselves, and hopefully with the help of a doc that will listen (my old PM doc did/would not).

I hope that you get more responses here. Sometimes things kinda slow down on the weekends, so if you don't get as many as quickly as you like, you might try bumping this back up when the weekend is over. I am curious to see what anyone else says here, too.

Take Care,
Jose

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~Albus Dumbledore
Joselita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (01-19-2010)