View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 11:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky601 View Post
That's may be him. "His clinical work focuses on pediatric facial paralysis, nerve injury, hand surgery and micro-vascular reconstruction"

Yes i did have a first rib resection but din't work. I did lots of studying after my surgery about TOS and i tried lots of different treatment and i wasn't able to find something to manage my pain till i tried global postural re-education (GPR). It make a difference and i think i start to reverse the cycle but i still have lots to do.

I found some others trick like cold bath with ice cube on it for 5 minutes in the morning. Just cold water with lots of ice. It's making a huge difference at the point who i am able to relief pretty much 100% of my pain for few hours even for the whole day sometime. Also relaxing hot bath with epsom salt at night just before going to bed feels good to me.

There is only one thing who i think is good for everone here and it's global postural re-education. For the rest i believe it's different for everyone here. Not to be a bad person but there is to much people here who think they know how to heal with different method and they think everyone has to use the same way to heal so may be not a bad idea to not listening everyone here but must of people are realist and give their opinion which is great.

The truth is that substantially everyone react on different way to all the different treatment. Chiropractic is good for me but not necessarily for you as substantially all other treatments offered except the global postural re-education who i'm sure will help anyone here. Unfortunately there are not many of those and they are really hard to find in the US and i don't know why. In Quebec they are pretty easy to find, same in Europe. It's not to bad to find one in Ontario but there are not much in the US.

Anyway my opinion is posture and disciplines are the keys. For the rest i think you have to find your own tricks and reed the maximum as you can about TOS to understand what is TOS and maybe find out what type of TOS you think you have. If you are up to give you bit of hard time I suggest you to try a cold water bath with ice on it but i am not sure if it's good for everyone. One thing i know is it's freaking cold!!!

Alexis
I agree with you that posture is a huge deal. I've been working on mine for almost four years now and improvements come very slowly, but I've had TOS for more than 30 years. It's a lot more than just standing up straight. It's about restoring balance to the entire body and getting everything working together as one functional unit. It takes a lot of knowledge but I'm learning more about it all the time.

My Easy Cooking Channel
Coop42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote