View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 06:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default "newbie"

hello, my name is jennifer and i was diagnosed with rsd to right shoulder, arm and hand just 4 wks. ago. My initial injury occurred 3 yrs. ago. I got hurt on the job and tore my right rotator cuff. I had surgery 10/04. after surgery i developed a frozen shoulder and needed a second surgery to remove excess scar tissue but because it was a work comp injury it wasn't approved for nearly a year. had second surgery 12/05. after second surgery i never regained strength and was never pain free. complained about it all the time but basically was blown off by docs. finally, about a month ago i had a severe attack of pain. it felt like someone was crushing my arm and holding it in a fire and i noticed mottling to the back of my arm. my doctor took one look at my arm at diagnosed with my rsd. unfortunately, my disability benefits had already ended. soooooo, my ortho doc referred my to pm and i have been paying everything out of pocket until i can get my benefits reinstated. i am currently taking, zanaflex 2mg bid, neurontin 300mg qid, elavil 10mg at bedtime, clonodine patch, lunesta for insomnia, and oxycodone for breakthrough pain. i also take a buttload of vitamins and supplements that i swear help me just as much as meds. i also have a tens unit that i use. i had a stellate ganglion block almost two weeks ago that didn't do a thing except cost me $312! That was one of the most painful things i have ever experienced in my life! anyway, that's my story and unfortunately i have to stick to it hope to hear from any of you soon, jennifer
jennyk38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theburasfam (05-01-2020)