View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 03:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Did I reconcuss myself? Same PCS headaches after a minor head bump

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've been on here. I had my major concussion over a year ago, and luckily had a more or less "full" recovery after 6 months of PCS. Sorry for not sticking around and giving advice to others! I was so depressed because of my concussion that once I felt better I wanted to distance myself from the experience as much as possible.

I have been active, lifting weights, and exercising again (no more rugby). I ended up going to a chiropractor for my neck pain, and still experience some stiffness now and then.

Two days ago I accidentally bumped my head at work. My eyes watered a bit, and it hurt, but I wouldn't say it was a concussion-inducing bump. Ever since then I've been experiencing the same type of headaches I had during my PCS. I've been tolerating computer usage, but yesterday the headaches got super bad during work while doing a basic concentration task. My neck has been hurting again as well.

I am terrified of going through the rollercoaster of PCS again. I'm expecting a job interview this week and plan on starting an internship next week. I'm working a basic retail job right now, but if I got the promotion I would be a loss prevention manager, which would involve A LOT of paperwork, stress (for a bit), and occasionally detaining shoplifters.

I've been trying to keep things slow on my off time (listening to audiobooks in a dark room). I'm taking my vitamin regime again. Is there anything else I can do? Will this probably go away in a few days?

One concussion in 2012 from rugby. Loss consciousness and took around 5 months to recover completely.

Hit my head hard on a shelf on 12/7/14. Recovered by the end of February.

A branch fell on my hardhat at work on 10/7. Not sure if completely concussed but have been feeling "out of it". Definitely injured my upper cervical region and upper back. Out of work for the time being.

SillyRugger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote