View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 08:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi There,

Just to weigh in with my experience. Almost 3 years post-concussion now and my head is still super sensitive. There have been a few times I've bumped it (on a coffee table when picking something up off the floor, headboard of the bed when laying down and most recently on the door frame of my car). Bumps not big enough to likely cause a concussion, but they certainly get my attention. Its frightening, and I almost don't want to move after the "thud" for fear of the consequences.

I've found it will cause a flare up of symptoms for a few days - a week after but things usually get back on track. I often get caught up worrying about it, paranoid about the potential damage done and beat myself up for being so careless. Try not to do that lol.

Hopefully things will get back on track for you, I've found they usually have for me, although it is scary any time it feels like things are going backwards in recovery. Best of luck to you.
  • Symptoms: Headache and fatigue
comeback_kid_11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote