View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 09:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

my headache is not giving up. It has become unbearable. My vision was effected by a grey/brownish cloud of bluriness. After seing the neuropthamologist, who said he could see no neurological vision problem, considering I have a history of acephalgic migrane. He agreed with fast developing cataract.
My vision improved, and I could again read and see the computer screen. So I knew it must be something more than cataract, because they do not get better. The headache worsened.
I went to my neurovascular neurologist. He has asked the opthamologist
to do a fluoresein angiogram, which will be done on Tuesday. Sed rate went from 6 in December 20, when I had TIA episode, to 15, I do not know if that is significandt. It is right in the middle of the scale CRP is 0.06, and Hemocystein today is 8.5.
My neurovascular doctor said he will do a cerebral angiogram, to check the vessels out for developement of vasculitis.
Today, the headache became very throbbing, and right temple is red and warm.
So being that I am already being treated for vasculitis and Arthritis with Methatrexate and Prednisone, I know my risk is high for both temporal artiritis( which I probably have) and CVA, as well as Wegeners , and all other kind of misseries.
I have a good PCP, I called her up,knowing that I have a good supply of Prednisone on hand. She told me to take a high dose of Prednison, 60 mg daily for the weekend and see her Monday morning. She told me to come to the local hospital tonight if I thought things gets worse ( she will be there for a while, she said)
So I have done this, and took some extra strenght Tylenol, which usually does not help, and I try not to take them.
So I also have a flare up of the vasculitis, and the Small Fiber Neuropathy seems to thrive in this company.
Hoping to get through this in one piece.
I think I have Temporal Artiritis, it also is familial. My sister had it. My brother had ruptured Thorasic Aortic Aneurysm and he survived it by a few minutes.
I had unruptured Cerebral Aneurysm coiled 2 years ago.
Thanks for reading

Last edited by Synnove; 02-07-2014 at 09:06 PM. Reason: extra input
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote