View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-O View Post
my GP told me that if she would advise her patients who, for example, are pre-diabetic, or have high cholesterol/triglycerides, that they can go a long way to curing it by changing the way they eat, she would be out of a job in a matter of months.
...and she's OK with that (NOT telling patients) ethically?

...and you're OK with a doctor like that?

I guess the next logical question is/should be, what ELSE isn't she telling her patients—or doing for them—including you?

Every doctor I've had has come right out and told me (and their other patients) that people can go a long way toward staying healthy/living longer by 1.) not smoking or doing drugs, 2.) eating/drinking sensibly, 3.) getting regular exercise, and 4.) wearing a seatbelt; and has warned me about potential consequences if/when I had abnormal test results, and advised me (how) to improve them by changing my diet/lifestyle when applicable. I spoze that's why getting PN has been doubly frustrating/puzzling, because I have diligently taken care of myself. But as those doctors have also freely acknowledged, medicine doesn't know everything.

Maybe it is a good thing that there's a shortage of doctors here that they don't have to resort to such sins of omission to keep their jobs(?)

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote