View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crandreww View Post
Just a note: I was healthy 32 year old RN, and was on Lipitor for 3 years when I fell terribly ill, and subsequently disabled since 2002. I was hospitalized for 28 days at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. I underwent a brain biopsy revealing holes in my brain, consistent with Autophagic Vacuoles (Neuronal Apoptosis), a muscle biopsy revealing signs consistent with MELAS (Mitochondrial Encephalomypathy with Lactic Acidosis and Stroke-Like Episodes (MELAS), I was like patient with Alzheimers Disease, I did not know who I was, where I was, nor did I know my wife, or 3 year old son.

I wet and soiled myself, I was unable to speak coherently, unable to walk, feed myself, use the bathroom, etc. I was evaluated by nearly every Neurologist, Med Student, and Resident at the hospital. NO ONE COULD CORRELATE MY PROBLEM WITH STATINS. It wasnt until I was evaluated by a visiting professor from Harvard, who suggested I be tried on a Mitochondrial Cocktail (essentially 12 vitamins, amino acids and one KEY substance, CoQ10. After starting this I slowly began to improve to the point I could go home with aggressive rehab therapies, in place of my planned transfer to a nursing home.

With all of the labs, CT, MRI, EEG, etc..nobody could put a finger on a chemical cause, Lipitor. Why? Because physicians are educated by Drug Reps, who are paid very handsomely to sell a drug, minimize the risks, and boast Relative Risk Reductions, versus Absolute Risk Reductions. Shortly after Discharge,with a diagnosis of "viral encephalitis", my wife and I were watching Good Morning America, when Diane Sawyer was interviewing Dr Beatrice Golomb of the UCSD, regarding her Statin Effects Study she was going to be doing.

My wife immediately begged me to enroll, I replied, as a critical care RN,it was my job to know everything there is to know about these drugs, and there is no way my problems were NOT an effect of my use of Lipitor. When the statin study was concluded, I received a phone call from Dr Golomb, who informed me that my case, symptoms, problems were not rare among her study participants, and she referred our cases to one of the top Mitochondrial Experts in the nation, Dr Doug Wallace, from the University of California, Irvine.

And it was his opinion, that my use of Lipitor was the likely causal contributor to the Mitochondrial DNA mutations, as well as the holes (apoptosis) that were seen in my brain biopsy. Some time after this, I received a call from Dr Wallace, to inform me, that we know where my statin use took me, and he assured me that if I were to consider resuming "statin therapy", there is only one way for me to go. I urge anyone and everyone to STOP these poisons. The notion that Cholesterol causes heart disease is based on "checkbook science"..and there is plenty of evidence that absolutely refutes this junk science, I would like to offer to share any or all of the information with anyone interested, message me and I will be sure to share..
That is just a horrific thing to live through! These forums are filled with concerned people who warn of the dangers of statins.

Olsen at PD forum here also posts some very interesting things she finds in her access to research papers in her job.
She and I correspond quite a bit.

Dr. Golomb is wonderful...I often link to her papers on the net.
Did you see our recent statin thread yet on PN?

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...hlight=statins

I have links to new YouTubes, and to photos of damaged nerve cells... on that thread.

Another scientist working on Cholesterol is Dr. Stephanie Seneff.
She has several YouTubes, and a very interesting website:
http://people.csail.mit.edu/seneff/

Your experience is so far the most critical and damaging we have had on these forums. But many people on our peripheral neuropathy forum have lingering damage from especially Zocor.
It is very difficult to get anyone to believe that the statins are toxic to cells. I've been trying to open eyes for many years in this regard here. And we do have some successes.

I hope you can stay with us.... to help others see the light.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (02-09-2014)