View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirky View Post
At first I did not know what it was? I have now finally been diagnosed. But if the symptoms keep up there progression as they are so rapidly doing. What can I expect a year and a half from now?

They tell me it is Motor and Sensory Axonal Polyneuropathy, but my symptoms certainly feel far worst than mild. The Gabapentin does not really help.

Has anyone gone through a rapid decline? Do things ease off? Is it because it is a bad winter? Could living in a warmer climate help? Is stress making it worse?

The big question? How can you switch off thinking about it?
Polyneuropathy means many nerves affected. No one, not even a doctor, can predict how you will end up or how bad things may get. As far as a bad winter or going to live in a warmer climate - no one can tell you how that would be either. Big stresses are not good for anyone. Something we could do is always taken away and so the grief process begins again. How to stop thinking about it - I don't know.

Does anyone in your family have any of the symptoms that you have? Here is a good site to look at. Reviewing the entire article would be of help.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000750.htm

I believe in another of your posts your neurologist mentioned CMT2. There are over 70 types of CMT identified so far. I am not a doctor but I am thinking that you have a type of it.

Hope you find an answer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."

Last edited by Kitt; 02-08-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kirky (02-09-2014), Susanne C. (02-08-2014)