View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 08:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Just saw this, and answered you in a pm. My pain is so similar to Jane's. Hideous.

Hugs to you Miki and Jane as well...((hugs))

My cream has Gabapentin, Lidocaine and Capsaicin.

Trycyclic antidepressant are often somewhat helpful. Amitrytyptiline, I guess is the most popular. I think it is also called Elavil. I take Desipramine, which is in the same family. I take a tablet. I asked for this because some people think it might cause the least amount of weight gain. I think I gained about 3.5 pounds from it, which really isn't too bad. My doc felt I needed the cream and the tablet. He was right.

I had tried other meds like Lyrica, which help a little, but had negative side effects for me. My stomach took a beating from various meds.

Yep, everyone is different.

My cream didn't really kick in right away. It took a few weeks or so, but then one day, I noticed a nice improvement. Things aren't perfect, but goodness, it is better and I am appreciative! I do have fearful moments...I know it is frightening.

That website I mentioned earlier is fantastic! Don't give up!

BTW, I also get some mild improvement by eating properly, avoiding junk food, gluten, fatty foods....the usual suspects and not sleeping on my bad side!!!!! Ok, a tiny improvement, but every little bit counts.

Good luck and keep in touch!
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote