View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 10:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Vowel Lady,

I hope you get some answers to what is happening with you. How is your TN doing? Are you in pain or are your meds working for you?

I was pain-free for about four months. I reduced my Amitriptyline from 40mgs to 30mgs two months ago. All was good until last week. It came back, all the familiar patterns. I have gone back to 40mgs and I think it is slowly working.

I wonder about the correlation of your nerve pain. I sometimes think I am sensitive or susceptible to nerve pain. I have problems with nerve pain in my left arm. I am left handed. About four years ago I injured my arm (not sure how or if I even did). I had nerve pain for a good month in my left arm. And that comes back if I use that arm a lot.

My mother and great-grandmother had TN. My mother has MS too. I do not have MS but I can't help but think it is all somehow related.

How is the nerve pain in your foot? Is it really painful?

Keep me updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
Went to to neuro and he didn't mention a correlation between my facial nerve pain and new neuropathy in my feet. And I was a little nervous and forgot to ask! But, I'm having that darn nerve test in my left foot and a little higher Ina week or two. I know it's a little painful. Darn. It's just that I've been through A LOT pain wise in the last year. I'm grateful he is limiting the testing.
justjane37 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote