View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 11:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Pam....thanks, I will check for crocheting videos online. I hope you are doing OK.
I think of you so often and hope things are getting better for you.I know it is summer there and winter here in northeast USA...how about making me jealous and telling what the weather is like there today in AUS. We got a snowstorm, about 6 inches 2 days ago but sunny and snow covered all over....very pretty.

Doc Smith...laughter does seem to do the trick for many of us...nothing like a big belly laugh. I personally love Stephen Colbert...his foolishness is just hilarious. Thanks for the link on CP.

Lonewolf....welcome, and good to hear from you. I agree, support groups are definitely are one of the best distractions. I am so glad you joined in as it always make me wonder when I see SO many people viewing this thread but so few responding. It is not a criticism at all, I am just sure others have great ideas, I hope they are not being shy. By the way, what Stephen King book are you reading? Do you recommend it?

I know many of is have lost jobs and have limited income so I was thinking maybe we could also share money saving ways to get at our distractions. For example, there is Netflix and Hulu that we have to pay for each month but I recently found something called "pollystreaming". I honestly don't know how it works because there is almost no advertising but I was able to watch old tv series on HBO like the Sorpranos because we don't have HBO. I found it by accident....I simply goggled "pollystreaming sopranos season 1". You then have to hunt around for the episodes. It frustrated my husband and my friend who tried using it but I got the hang of it.

I have a friend who lives on a shoestring and she just got something called Roku. Anyone have that and can talk about or recommend it.

Have a good Sunday....my best to everyone. Diandra

Last edited by Diandra; 02-09-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote