View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 03:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default darn nickel

Hi there,

I know this quote is older, you probably have some answers now, but I was recently diagnosed with allergies to nickel, balsam of peru, lanolin, gold, bacitracin, propolis, fragrances, and certain rubber accelerators, all of which have supposedly been causing my dyshidrotic eczema for over 10 years. Your questions are natural and even now I am finding the answers difficult myself. I think a good bet is to get patch testing done by your dermatologist or allergist to see what you are allergic to (they usually test about 80 common allergies). I found that I was allergic to so many everyday things that were irritating my eczema it was hard to pinpoint what exactly was making it flared. I am unsure of detoxes from heavy metals like nickel, looking at these option currently, but my dermatologist did enter my allergies into a database that spits out all the soaps, makeups, shampoos, cleaning products, etc. that I can use, which has been very helpful. The FDA did do an analysis of levels of nickel in common foods that you can find when you search "total diet study statistics on element results" from 2008, but it is very difficult to find out what you can eat if it has not been analyzed.

Best of luck
Lauren323 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote