View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 09:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I think the diagnosis of TMJ is widely overused. It seems if a dentist or ENT can't find a physical cause for pain they use this term.
I was told I had TMJ before I was diagnosed with TN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudsnapper View Post
So, I went to the ENT last week and he was like "Lol, why'd your neurologist send you to me? It usually works the other way around." and he pretty much didn't know what to look for. But he said I probably have the start of TMJ or a mild case of it, but made sure to say that he wasn't second-guessing the neurologist's diagnosis and even said that I could have gotten it from holding my face weird from having pain.
He also that I should have nose surgery because my septum is deviated and I have really large turbinates It would be cool to be able to breathe through my nose, though!
I got him to refer me to another neurologist who my aunt either used to transcribe for or it was the one she saw for migraines. Either way, she seems to think he's pretty great. I haven't gotten an appointment time yet, but it hasn't been even a week and I know doctors' offices are busy.
justjane37 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vowel Lady (02-14-2014)