Thread: Bra strap pain
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 11:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have found that a small piece of that soft, fluffy, microfiber fleece fabric on my shoulder under my clothes makes them much more tolerable.

Can't wear a bra, can't wear a regular t-shirt, have to have a much more open neck. Can't wear even a moderately tight sleeve, have to be completely loose. No straps on my shoulder, no straps around my ribs, either, I got my vtos from a car accident four years ago, broke collarbone and ribs, neither has accepted the touch of most anything ever since. At home, also in the frozen New England area, I wear tank tops with the right shoulder strap hanging around my arm. Recently found cotton shelf-bra tank tops with very soft elastic, bought them a size big so that they don't hurt my ribs. On a good day, get about 6 hours before I can't take it anymore.

Found the soft fuzzy fleece fabric trick when trying to pad the shoulder strap of car seat belts, which hurt like hell, even when there's the padding of a winter jacket between me and the seat belt.

Cut smaller pieces from a supersoft fluffy fleecy blanket throw. Helps with clothing, helps with the weight of winter coats, seat belts, even the pressure of my pillow on my shoulder at night. Looks a little weird if I forget and go out in public with the piece of blanket under my shirt, but it feels so much better.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
brisco71 (02-10-2014)