Thread: need prayers!
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 01:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, Lola . . . I too suffer constant noises, although mine are from tinnitus. I have had it all my life, but it has gotten worse since I became ill and had to start taking a variety of medications. I believe I can identify at least 7 or 8 different "tones" or sounds that I live with constantly, even though my hearing tests are always "within normal limits." I understand how this impacts your life. And this is not the only pain I deal with . . . I live with Crohn's and transverse myelitis, both of which have left me with chronic pain and very limited treatment options.

I am curious, when you say music and noise, is it always the same, or does it change? I live with what I call "crickets," hissing, ringing, humming, a high pitched squeal, and a whining sound, as well as a soft rushing sound and one pulsing noise. I totally understand how you feel when you get really negative, because I often wish I could get away from my physical pain, which often reaches 8-10 level, and then there is the noise! No peace. Sometimes listening to music on headphones helps, and sometimes I use my Tibetian singing bowl (it is a D flat) to help me center, to just be able to stand it . . .

Yeah . . . lifting you in prayer . . . and late at night or whenever I want to scream I will try to remember to say a prayer for a fellow sufferer.