View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 11:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concussedGuy View Post
Hey since you guys haven't posted on this thread in a year I was wondering whether or not you all healed from this extreme sensitivity and no longer experience. I am experiencing the exact same thing that you described. Thanks.
Hi concussedguy,

I am not one of the people from the original thread, but I did have this symptom, really badly, to the extent that I had to wear very cushioned running shoes just to walk down the street because wearing shoes with normal soles meant that each step was too much of a jolt.

You'll be pleased to know that I substantially recovered to the extent that I can live a normal life without thinking about it (though I have to be careful and wouldn't be able to do a contact sport or something particularly jolting like that). It was one of the last symptoms of my PCS to disappear.

I am a health professional and I researched extensively to find any reference to this very disabling symptom in the health research literature - I didn't find anything much, just a few references to people being more susceptible to future concussions once they have had a few.

But as I say, I pretty much recovered from it, best wishes for your own recovery

Since recovery I have achieved a Master's degree with distinction in Neurological Occupational Therapy
Klaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chicagohead (10-17-2014)