View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 05:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I feel so bad for you and your daughter because I experienced being labeled conversion disorder, but only one time, not all the times you mentioned. My local neurologist did not believe this and had already tested me for Lems and it turned out positive after my experience. My bad experience was with Emory University in Atlanta. He referred me to Mayo in Florida, but they got the records from Emory and refused to treat me.
My local neuro did not give up on me, though. He referred me to University of Florida, where I got the treatment I needed.
I did not go there with anything except for what my local neuro sent, no records from Emory.
I have never had a diagnostic EMG, only antibodies and clinical symptoms, but I still got a diagnosis.
The only thing I can suggest is to start with a clean slate with someone who has some experience with mg and don't bring your history with you. That way their opinion will be unsullied by preconceived notions.
limpy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bny806 (02-11-2014), minalhansen (02-13-2014), Panorama (02-11-2014), southblues (02-11-2014)