View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 11:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, Stretchismyname
I had this symptom you are describing, the one with the zigzag light in one eye, 3 or four time.
I will describe my symptom the fallowing way: I had had headaches on and off for some months, but never went to the doctor for it, and was never diagnosed with Migrane headache. I had also had 2 episodes of vertigo, described as the ceiling moving above me.
One day I noticed a visual disturbance in my vision in the left eye. I had a ring of zigzag bright light on the outer aspect of my left eye visual field. I could see through the hole in the middle of it. Mine also lasted about 20 - 30 minutes. The second time I had it, I noticed the ring got bigger and bigger and finally dissapeared out towards the left of the visual field.
I went to my opthomologist. He added up the symptoms and sent me for a stat MRI of the brain, and called me later with the result. I had a cerebral aneurysm, and he already had called a neurologist for me.
Now, this aneurysm was noticed only incidentially, so I was glad it had been noticed in time( it did not rupture) and I had the aneurysm emboliced in time. It could have been there for some time.( they are often asymptomatic)
So this probably had nothing to do with the aneurysm part. BUT.----I was now told that this symptom with the visual disturbance was MIGRANE AURA. I went to a neuro opthomologist who told me that one can have this AURA MIGRANE without actual pain. He said this is calle a ancephalic migrane.
I have since had migrane in the form of a sharp, short lasting ICE PICK pain
that comes and goes. When it comes, it is momentary only and then comes back with another "jolt" in an hour or so, and then goes on for the day and goes away for a while. Weeks at the time. No medicine has helped me.
Until now< I have developed Neuropathy, and the neurologist has put me on Amitripthyline for the nerve pain. He said it would also help the migrane.
But I have now a multiple multiple magnification of prior headache, and I am awaiting further medical help and diagnosis.

I am now wondering, and I will try to research this, if, and what is the connection between Migrane/cerebral aneurysm/vasculitis/hypertension ???

Does any one have any experience in theese combined/related?? conditions??

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Synnove; 02-11-2014 at 11:34 PM. Reason: more info
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote