View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 11:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dr. Peter Janetta

Search this forum for Dr. Jannetta, who had a patient with PD wake up PD-free when he operated on her for trigeminal neuralgia and performed his microvascular decompression. He pioneered that procedure and was vilified at the time....decades went by and his procedure, called the Jannetta Procedure, is now the gold standard go-to treatment of choice for trigeminal neuralgia. Around the world.

I have spoken with Jannetta's nurse some time back and my understanding of his theory is that circulation within the brain becomes impaired as we age (often because of compression, google him and you can get more detail) which leads to all kinds of problems including, perhaps, PD. He was trying to get a trial going for PWP who had compression on one side of the brain but I have not been able to learn anything more about that trial. I remember that his nurse told me we are limited by the machines we have and that as more advanced medical machinery is developed and we can see deeper and to a higher degree in the brain, we will learn so much more because we will be able to see what is going on in more detail. Makes sense.

I personally believe lack of healthy fats lead to/contribute to brain problems, such as by brittle blood vessels that get crimped or bent and can no longer deliver adequate blood flow/oxygen to the brain. The more I read about the fuel requirements for the brain, and they are significant, the more I realize that carbs of any kind are not optimal, be they whole grain or not. There is a reason why PWP and also those with Alz. crave sweets after dx, when before dx, they never ate so much as a piece of pie! Something is off inside the brain, which has its own production source for insulin within the brain. More than a few articles are now describing Alz. as a third type of diabetes.

Good for me, because everything tastes better with butter
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote