View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 11:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi all
My name is Adrian and I have had CRPS since Sept 2009.
I am a single dad with 3 kids, 9, 6 and 4.
I was a master carpenter, master millwright and welder. I also was a volunteer firefighter for the United Nations.
I worked for the United Nations and became injured at work. I lifted around 1600lbs of steel off of a coworker to save him from being crushed to death. I administered first aid, called in his stats, called in for a flat board and neck brace all after clearing the steal doors off of him (I lifted the doors as a stack, not 1 by 1). I was in pain but still finished my day at work and even came back in the next day, even though the pain was a lot worse. Med department at UNHQ sent me home and told me to go straight to hospital. Then I get the news, torn muscles in chest, right shoulder, right arm, neck and back. MRI results show 3 bulging discs and 3 herniated discs in cervical spine, plus 4 bulging discs in lumbar. CRPS kicked in within 5 days and I have lived thru hell since then. It took 3 1/2 years to find the right Doc to help stabilize my body, his name is Ronnie Hertz if you live around NYC, Great man that really cares. A year after the rescue I was finally told that I am permanently disabled at which point wife said "I will not be married to a cripple" and tried to shove me down a flight of stairs. After 3 years in court I am divorced and raising 3 beautiful kids. Due to the spinal injuries my CRPS spread like wildfire to attack my whole body. I will never gain remission from my CRPS, nor can I have any surgeries to repair neck, so I accept the stability I have and whatever pain I must endure because my children are my life. Nothing in this world can give me greater strength than the love of my kids and no injury or disease will stop me from being the best Dad I can be.
This is the short version, kids won't leave me alone any longer, lol. Thanks for checking it out, Cheers.
lothgar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (02-12-2014), PamelaJune (02-13-2014)