View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 01:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Trying to keep my head high!

I started with what I thought was eczema on my right hand about 6 months ago. The dermatologist treated me with a topical steroid cream. It helped with the itch but I was getting worse. I started getting little blisters on my fingers and palm. It was so bad in December that they put me on oral steroids. It helped but within three days the blisters and eczema came back on both hands. My right palm looks like it was burned. I now have eczema on both arms and lower legs/feet. I was patch tested and found out I am allergic to a specific preservative, nickel and gold. The preservative that I can't pronounce let alone spell is in shampoo, hair products and lotions. I am now using all free & clear products. I still kept getting worse.

Last week the Dermatologist food tested me and NICKEL came up again but this time I reacted even worse. (I am also allergic to cinnamon.) So the dermatologist hands me a paper, tells me to follow the diet and I will see you in 6 week. Meanwhile I can barely write since my hand feels like it was burned 10 times over and I felt totally lost with this new found allergy. (Oh and now I can't eat Chocolate or drink Red Wine - was feeling very upset!

The best is when I tell people it is a nickel allergy they think I am crazy. I have done an exhausted amount of research the past two weeks and still feel like I am on a roller coaster. There is so much conflicting information and not enough research. It was nice to stumble across this thread to realize I AM NOT ALONE.

I started the diet 5 days ago and have seen small improvements. How long does it take to start to see drastic improvements? My skin looks horrible and my self-esteem is shot. My whole world has been turned upside down and I feel like the doctors just don't have answers or know how to help.
ItchyShan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (02-12-2014)