Old 02-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default hi jaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime_S View Post
Don't know if this is the right board, but I couldn't find anywhere else to ask...
I was diagnosed with Occipital Neuralgia late last year, after almost 12 months of tests and scans, and waiting in frustration and pain, to find answers!
The Occipital Neuralgia was caused, it seems, by damage to the nerves from surgery on my neck, to remove an Arachnoid Cyst. That op was 10 years ago, so no one saw the connection at first, because it was so long ago, and I had had many pain-free years in between. Seemed strange to me, anyway!
I'm still yet to find the right treatment. I have tried a couple of meds, but they had too many bad side-effects. So, I would like to find out what other treatments there are that hopefully work.
Is there anyone else here who has Occipital Neuralgia?

~Jaime~
Hi Jaime
My name is cynthia im not the petient its my sister she was diagnosed with oc 3 years ago and the pain is horrible she is in agony. Has ur oc caused seizure? She has also been diagnosed with epilepsy and has severe learning disability. Shes only 32. Her pcp she might have trigeminal pain as well. Have u ever heard a case like my sister's?
cynthiacambero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote