View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 09:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I think some Dr.'s say that because they don't understand or know what else it could be.

There is evidence of microscopic alterations and damage to the brain after a concussion that can't be seen on an MRI.

There is a lot of research being done on concussion right now.

Hang in there. Maybe try to find a neurologist with a specialty in concussions?

I also recommend that you see an endocrinologist to get your hormone levels tested or looked at. New research has found that many cases of PCS that don't resolve within a year may be due to hypothalamus, pituitary gland or pituitary stalk damage. If you need to take hormones, then taking supplemental hormones would resolve all of the symptoms that you listed. I know from personal experience.

When I first suggested to my neurologist that I thought I had pituitary damage, she said it was "impossible" to damage the pituitary gland from a single concussion. So the next time I saw her I brought my research with me and showed it to her. She was fascinated by it.

I have since seen an endocrinologist with expertise in this area and I'm receiving treatment paid for by my HMO and I'm significantly better now than I was. I suffered from all of the symptoms you listed (and more) and now all of those symptoms are about 80%-90% all better on good days, and roughly 60%-70% better on the worst of days. And it takes about a year for a person to reap the most benefits from taking hormone replacement therapy and I've only been taking them for about 6 months - so in another 6 months I may say that I'm much, much better than I am now.

It's definitely worth looking into rather than just accepting a "psychological" diagnosis.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote