View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 12:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
1) We are (as a species) pretty blamed stupid in so many areas that it is hard to believe that we are (at least for now) the "King of the Hill". The question of fat intake is a great example. If we want to know what sort of fats are best for us all we need to do is to take a lawn chair out into the great plains of Africa and observe. What are they eating over in the primate area? Nature seldom wastes time or energy.

2) The question of reduced circulatory flow to the brain is one that I plan to investigate at some future date by testing an extract of the common garden plant *vinca minor* or lesser periwinkle. Seems an excellent vasodilator within the brain and surprisingly safe. It is called vinpocetine and costs less than ten bucks for a month's supply.
I once a while tried vinpocetine for about six months and I can tell the difference in a couple of weeks. There are some studies, I remember, one of them was that NFL folks used it for treating concussion induced brain injuries with good results. I am going to add it back again...
wxxu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote