Thread: At wits end!
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 01:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Very brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidiB View Post
Cant get online with my laptop so I hav to use my phone which a pain in the butt! So gonna make a short post went to doc today thankfully they fit me in but he thinks I may hav an infection in my spine so now gonna hav to get a double shaded mri which of course dont hav money for or insurance my poor mom is tryin to get $ together dont know what Id do without her..so may end up in hospital for few days time will tell. Hope u all are well & thanks for all ur posts means the world
Hey Heidi
You really are going through so much and dealing with constant pain is wearying, it's little wonder you are feeling so sad. You have people from around the world in this site who all totally understand how you feel and like me will all wishing you find some relief soon.

If money is an issue, can you ask the doctor if he can test your bloods first to rule out infection? I'm asking because I had a round of scans in 2010 when they thought I had osteomyelitis and the scans then cost in excess of $1000. I was working then and not so concerned about the money, and, I didn't have osteomyelitis. Fast forward to 2014 and this week my PM is wondering if I have an infection in my back and has ordered blood tests which I had yesterday. The blood tests were bulk billed so cost me nothing, which is a relief now I can no longer work and money is extraordinarily tight.

I take an anti depressant, it's called Pristiq. I've tried others over the years and this one has been the best for me, no nausea and no weight gain. I've been on up to 200mg and now back down to 50mg, I credit it with saving my sanity.

Be kind to yourself, find what you can to relax you and indulge yourself in it. Hoping you get your results quickly so they can take steps to provide you with much needed pain coverage.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (02-14-2014), HeidiB (02-13-2014), moosey2me (02-14-2014)