View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 09:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Increased sensitivity to pain is part of having RSD, in fact it is the definition OF RSD. Your nerves have actually changed so that small injuries are causing huge damage to your pain centers ... you are not imagining it! Please please be extremely careful to avoid injuries from now on, even "little ones" like breaking fingers and toes." (?!!!).
The problem with RSD and your nerves is that your body has lost its ability to shut off the pain at the site of the injury, or to match the level of pain to the level of injury. So, a bumped toe is going to feel like a Mack Truck is parked on your head... for 3 months. And the devil of RSD is that sneaky spread that you mentioned too. You can never tell if an accident means it's going to move in permanently! I HATE RSD!
<sorry, my Pollyanna soundtrack ran out of batteries today and I haven't replaced them yet. my friend's RSD is so much worse this week and I'm afraid it won't reverse itself >
I used to be a "toughie", too, and had a whole different pain threshold (went "bare" during childbirth, too, & had a big fat baby with 4 chins down to his belly button!). but now I'm so fragile that I walk around like a little old lady. I hope you can know that it's ok now to be very gentle and protective of yourself. It sounds like a whole new identity for you - and a new woman for your husband to meet - but please don't accelerate that nasty RSD through more injuries and accidents. Full body RSD is a living hell ...
xxxxxxx
mollymcn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote