Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 09:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You will get better advice on dealing with alcoholic neuropathy, often at least some damage is reversible provided you stop drinking.

I just wanted to comment on your point that the doctor thinks you are a hypochondriac because the symptoms are all over the place- we all have that problem. Neuropathy is notoriously difficult to describe. As I type this my right hand is numb and buzzing, both legs are numb to the hip with a deep soreness, my forearms are weak, and my ankles feel like an ace bandage is wrapped too tightly around them, even though I can't tell without looking whether I am wearing socks. It is a crazy assortment of weird sensations which only make sense once a diagnosis of neuropathy is made. I carried my test results around for a couple of years because I had trouble believing I was "entitled" to my level of disability without them. Many people are in as bad or worse shape without "hard" evidence and I think I would go crazy in their circumstances.

Everything that you describe is consistent with neuropathy. Sorry that you are dealing with this but welcome to the forum. It does get easier to cope after a while.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (02-13-2014), Idiopathic PN (03-01-2017)