View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 02:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Question about MRI's and insurance...

Hello everyone
I am new here. I had posted a week or so ago. I am still waiting to get my MRI's. I am having a problem with my insurance approving the contrast of my MRI of the Brain study.

I was approved for C and T spine MRI's without contrast, however, for some reason they are not approving me to get the contrast with the Brain MRI?!! It si very frustrating! I have waited so long to get to this day (was supposed to have the Brain MRI tomorrow) and have had to cancel it. I now have to wait until Monday to see what the ordering Doctor (my Neuro) wants to do. Fight it or just get the Brain MRI without contrast. I do have my first MRI of the C & T spine Saturday (without contrast).

My question is, has anyone else had any issues with getting a contrast MRI? I thought I had a pretty descent insurance plan (Horizon NJ Blue cross Blue Shield), but have learned they seem to fight allowing the contrast part?? WOnder why? Is it because of the added cost? Are there major differences with the MRI if I can only get it without contrast (Brain)??

Thank you for your time and help!
mimiRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (02-13-2014), barb02 (02-14-2014), Erika (02-13-2014), SallyC (02-13-2014)